Friday, December 20, 2013

Shea the Werewolf - 1

Siobhan Hammond
Entry 1 - December 18th, 2012
My brother Shea has seemed to be particularly off, lately. More off than usual, actually. He's always been an off person.
First of all, he has been having serious moodswings. One minute he'll be his usual upbeat and random self, the next moment sullen and grumpy. Usually I wouldn't see this as a sign of something bad as he's usually one of either, but it's been more of a violent change in mood.

"Mornin', Shea," I said to him as I joined him downstairs in the kitchen. He was staring down a bowl of cereal as he usually does.
"Ungh..." Was the groaned response. Rather peculiar, as he usually greets me when I came downstairs.
I fixed myself a bowl of cereal and joined him at the table. "So how did you sleep last night? You look like hell, Shea."
"And you sound like hell. Would you shut the fuck up for once and let me eat in peace?" Shea snapped, whipping his head in my direction and glaring daggers at me.
I just stared at him, dumbstruck. Even though he did use such fowl language on a regular basis, he hadn't snapped at me while we were alone for years, he only ever did that around his friends, probably in some weird attempt at trying to impress them.
"... Well. Sorry for askin'," I said, picking up my bowl to move away from Shea. I went to my room to go write and finish my cereal.
The minute I come down back downstairs, Shea throws himself at me and wraps his arms around me, sobbing into my shirt. The shock almost made me drop the empty bowl, but beads of milk resedue still dropped to the floor.
"Shea. Err... Are you... alright?" I asked, trying to peel his head from my shirt which he was staining with tears.
Shea sniffed loudly and looked up at me. "No I'm not okay. I snapped at you, sissy, and I didn't mean ta! I'm really really sorry, Siobhan!" He said, letting his head fall back on me and continued sobbing.
I looked at the door helplessly. “... Shea, come on, stop. Please.”
“Not 'til you forgive me!” Shea shouted, still sobbing.
“Fine, I forgive you,” I said, to be responded with a muffled sob of 'thank you'.

No comments:

Post a Comment