Saturday, June 14, 2014

Entry from Siobhan's Journal

March 15th, 2011

I know it must be hard for Reagan, being so far away from the rest of his family.

And I know it must be even harder to be crammed into this small house with a part of his family he hadn't had much contact with. But it's all we could do to help.

His father is nowhere to be found and he's been that way for years. His brother won't even talk to any of us anymore, and refuses to see him. His mother is ill and can't take care of him. But worst of all, his grandparents. They could have given him a nice home but won't take him in unless we send him back over to Ireland.

We can't even afford it. The house is almost fallen apart and we're behind on bills. We might possibly be kicked out within a month, and almost all of us have taken jobs to be able to keep it.

I hate the way I'm being treated at my job. They'll give me a pat on the bottom or say some crude comment as I walk by. Then they'll trip me up when I'm carrying dishes to the kitchen so I'll fall.

I've never received an apology, and not a single bystander has called out on my treatment, and treats it like it's only something that is normal.  It feels horrible that all I ever seem to catch is negative attention, but otherwise am invisible unless I'm needed.

It's just the way it's going to be. For a long, long time. I'll still break down every now and then but I know I have to keep it together and move on. For my home. My family. Myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment